Friday, August 10, 2012

→ SUMMER TIME FINE? SUMMER TIME FINE

Enjoying my summer by spending nights with the homies sipping booze with the expected midnight Seniore's pizza run. Basically. Laughter, jokes, good company is what I'm all about.

Day camp was smooth, enjoyed the smiles of every kid that had enough energy to run across the states. Everyday I came in welcomed by a scream or slap on the butt. Yup, these kids were insane (the nice kind). And everyday I'd end up exhausted but satisfied. I look forward year after year to working with kids because I know I'll be in this little happy world which takes cares of the reality of the real world. Not a day during this camp I can say that it was a waste of a day. Despite the imperfections of my life or the camp itself, those imperfections are overshadowed by the joy the kids feel. That is why I do this. 

This summer will be the longest summer I'll experience and I might say that it has been relaxing and enjoyable. 

SoCal is coming up in 4 days, which hasn't processed in my head just yet. I can not wait to spend a week in the hot weather with people who have stuck by me throughout my absence during the school year. Our agenda is packed and things have come through smoothly for us to just enjoy this one week of vacation.

Though it seems this trip is nothing but smiles, I can't ignore that the fact that I won't be coming into SoCal totally satisfied. This is so because things with you have gone downhill and seemed to hit the bottom. I wish the effort was there, I do wish you'd tell me you saved a day for me when I'm down there. But that's wishful thinking, I know I'm not your priority and things for us.... if there is a "us" anymore isn't where we wanted it to be. You know the dates I'm coming, so it's your decision to take work off or just go on with how things are. I'm perfectly fine with everything going on, I've just accepted how you view things but sometimes all I ask for is effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment